Caterpillar Again Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
Caterpillar drives sustainability across the enterprise, helping the company and its customers to build a better world.
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) has been named to the 2019 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), including both the World and North America indices. This marks the 20th time Caterpillar has been included in the DJSI.
“We are proud of Caterpillar’s long-time presence in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices,” said Caterpillar Chairman and CEO Jim Umpleby. “Our global team focuses every day on improving their local communities and enabling our customers to build a better world, and those ongoing efforts made this recognition possible.”
Some of the sustainability successes that led to Caterpillar’s inclusion are:
- Commitment to helping its customers succeed by understanding their needs, increasing the value delivered and earning their loyalty over the life of the relationship
- Cultivating a workplace where team members feel supported, leveraging employees’ unique talents, skills, abilities, backgrounds and experiences
- Collaboration with suppliers to assess sustainability performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Continued global focus on innovation to develop new and improved products, services and solutions
- Recognition of the company’s human rights policy and program
- Public reporting and third-party verification of social and environmental goals and progress
The annual DJSI process follows a best-in-class approach, evaluating numerous corporate economic, environmental and social performance factors.
For more on Caterpillar’s sustainability progress and how the company is helping build a better world, read the 2018 Sustainability Report: http://reports.caterpillar.com/sr/.